In order to figure out what kind of a traveler I was I took a Explorer Quotient Survey. After the survey I was classified as a Gentle explorer who likes to return to past destinations, seek the most comfortable places and avoid the unknown. That I am most likely to be seen at branded hotels, hotel pool, spa, cottage, organized tour, main attractions or golfing/fishing. This is the exact opposite of how I am so I don’t believe this survey to be very accurate. Based on the survey’s results my top four traveler characteristics were conservative, reliable, traditional, and solitary.

Because I believe this profiling from the survey to be inaccurate it is difficult for me to say which category I should fit into. However when I travel I like to be close to nature, I don’t believe that I require to many things or too much luxury in order to be happy but staying at a fancy hotel, going on organized tours and playing golf is something I would categorize as a nightmare rather than a dream holiday.

When I travel I like to be able to experience the places fully and have moved between continents in order to fully experience areas and how it is to be there. I am spontaneous when it comes to making decisions like that, had the idea of moving to Whistler less than two months before moving. I also tend to try my best to stay away from the popular tourist attractions in the area and would rather go out on my own to get lost in the forest.